Information for Youth Mobility Program Visa
- Eligible persons:
(1) Hold Canadian citizenship and reside in Canada.
(2) Have not previously obtained an ROC (Taiwan) visa for the Youth Mobility Program
(3) Be between the ages of 18 and 35 inclusive on the date the application is received
(4) Have pre-arranged an internship, workplace experience or work placement in Taiwan; have registered at a post-secondary institution and pre-arranged either an internship or work placement in Taiwan; intend to travel in Taiwan and will join the Youth Mobility Program, such as by working in Taiwan. Work should be the secondary, rather than the primary, reason for coming to Taiwan. Applicants are required to leave Taiwan before the one-year visa expires
(5) Have not listed dependants on their application
(1) Duly complete the Visa Application Form for the Youth Mobility
(2) Curriculum vitae and outline of the mobility program in Taiwan;
(3) Passport valid for at least one year from the date of application;
(4) TWO 2"x 2" head and shoulder photo in color with white background taken within the last 6 months
(5) Proof of travel health insurance for the duration of the permitted stay in the Republic of China (Taiwan); and
(6) Health check certificate
※ Click here for more information about the authenticaion of health certificate.
(7) Proof of possession of a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase a plane ticket to leave Taiwan
(8) Proof of possession of the equivalent of CAD $2,500 in funds (e.g. traveler’s checks or bank deposits)
※ DON'T make irrevocable travel plans prior to obtaining your visa. Please DON'T apply if you are NOT going to enter Taiwan in 3 months.
※ Applications will be accepted only if the above requirements are duly met. Additional documents may be required for further review.
- Visa Validity and Fee:
※ Multiple Entry is only valid for 1 year, and the Processing fee is CAD$104 per person.
※ Duration of stay is 180 days. However, no later than 15 days before expiry, an extension of up to an additional 180 days can be applied for at the National Immigration Agency service centers in the city or county of residence in Taiwan. No further extensions or changes to visa type will be permitted thereafter.
※ To have your application returned by mail, a self-addressed Canada Post Xpresspost return envelope should be enclosed.
※ To have your application picked up through an authorized agent, an authorization letter from the applicants must be presented along with valid photo I.D. for identification purpose.
※ Taipei Economic and Cultural Offices will start accepting applications on July 1st, 2010. There are only 700 places available for 2010. Once the quota has been filled, the applicants, whose applications TECO are not able to accept, will be informed. For more information about the Youth Mobility Program Visa, please log on to the following link: Bureau of Consular Affairs