The Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to encourage experts and scholars worldwide to research in Taiwan’s universities, colleges or research institutions. If you intend to apply, please check this link: (http://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw) and read the Taiwan Fellowship Guideline.
1. The Application Period: May 1 – July 15, 2012
2. Qualification of the recipients:
(1) The fellowship recipients should be foreign nationals who are professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad;
(2) A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, and Sinology.
(3) Those who are currently conducting research, teaching, or studying in Taiwan are ineligible.
(1) The recipients will have one direct round-trip economy-class ticket subsidized between Indonesia and Taiwan. After the recipients arrive in Taiwan, they must submit the stub or e-tickets, receipts and boarding passes. Please note that the maximum subsidy is NT$25,000 (around 833 US dollars), the difference must be covered by the recipient.
(2) The monthly stipends are as follows:
Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000(around 2,000 US dollars).
Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students, and other candidates recommended by ROC (Taiwan) missions: NT$50,000(around 1,666 US dollars).
4. Duration: The minimum duration of a fellowship is three months, and the maximum one year.(the investigation period in Taiwan begins from Jan 1, 2013 the earliest, and ends on Dec 31, 2014 at the latest)
5. Application Documents: please submit the following documents to TETO:
(1) Application form: please submit an on-line application form (http://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw) and print it out.
(2) Resume (including a publication list).
(3) Research proposal (Three pages in principle using a standard research format).
(4) Two letters of recommendation, (or one letter of recommendation and one letter of consent from the chief administrator of their institute).
(5) Documents from Taiwan’s universities or research institutes granting admission to the recipient to do research in Taiwan.
6. All the above application documents please send to Gedung Artha Graha, 17th floor. Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53, Jakarta 12190. Taipei Economic and Trade Office in Jakarta.
7.The recipients should observe the following regulations:
(1) The research proposal and research area provided in the application cannot be changed without MOFA’s approval. If the recipient changes the topic without approval, MOFA reserves the right to terminate the recipient’s Fellowship.
(2) The recipients should submit their research findings in writing (at least 20 pages) to MOFA within three months after the end of the project. During their stay in Taiwan, the recipients may be invited to participate in lectures or seminars related to their research topics and hosted by MOFA as speakers or discussants.
(3) During the period of the Fellowship, the recipients are not allowed to receive any scholarships granted by other governmental agencies, or public or private academic institutions and schools based in Taiwan.
(4) While in Taiwan, the recipients must abide by ROC law. If a recipient is convicted of violating the Criminal Code or engages in any severe misconduct during the duration of the Fellowship, the recipient’s Fellowship will be revoked.
(5) All expenses exceeding the Fellowship amount must be covered by the recipients.
(6) All related oral or written research reports made by recipients must mention or note the support of the Taiwan Fellowship program.
(7) Recipients must make their own research arrangements in Taiwan.
(8) Recipients must submit their travel itinerary and information on the cooperating research institution(s) in Taiwan to the ROC Embassies and Representative Offices in or nearest to their country of residence, as appropriate, before leaving for Taiwan.