General Information on Visitor Visas
Eligible Persons Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than six months for the purposes of transit; tour; visit relatives; undertake visits; undertake inspection tours; attend international conferences; conduct business; pursue short-term study; undertake short-term employment; undertake short-term missionary work; and engage in other activities in the ROC as approved by MOFA..
Visa Validity 1. For foreign nationals from the countries with which the ROC has entered into reciprocal visa agreements, the validity of their Visitor Visas shall be decided in accordance with these agreements.
2. For other foreign nationals, a Visitor Visa is generally valid from three months up to one year.
Duration of stay
(to be decided by visa officer) 1. Fourteen days
2. Thirty days
3. Sixty days
4. Ninety days
Fee and process time 1. For foreign nationals from the countries with which the ROC has entered into reciprocal visa agreements, the visa is issued gratis.
2. For other foreign nationals (including Indonesians), the visa fees are: single entry: RP 460,000; multiple entries: RP 920,000.
3. Express service: single entry: RP 690,000, multiple entries: RP 1,380,000
- Application fee for U.S. passport holder is RP 1,288,000
(express service: RP 1,518,000; multiple: RP. 1,748,000)
4. Process time: 3 working days
5. Express process time: 1 working day
6. Submit visa application to TETO office from 8:30 am -11:15 am. Collect visa from 01:30 pm – 04:00 pm.
Remarks Visitor Visa holders who are permitted to stay in Taiwan for sixty or ninety days and whose visas bear no such remark as "no extension will be granted" may apply at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency for a maximum of 120 or 90 days of extensions.
General Requirements 1. A passport valid for at least six months;
2. Duly completed visa application form on-line at https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw, upon approval print out the application form and sign (barcode must appear on the bottom right corner of the form).
3. with two 2-inch color photos ;
4. Indonesian Kartu Keluarga or KITAS;
5. Documents verifying the purpose of visit; and
6. Relevant travel documents such as an outbound airline or steamship ticket.
7. Other necessary documents if requested after submission of above-mentioned documents.
Particular Requirements A. Tourism Purpose:
1. Evidence of funds (e.g. bank statement, employment letter)
2. Travel itinerary (tour programs and hotel booking info);
3. Travel agency’s receipt
B. Business Purpose:
1. Company's employed & job assigned letter
2. Invitation Letter from Taiwan company
3. Ongoing letters, trading records (e.g. LC, remittance receipt...etc.)
4. Details of the contact person in Taiwan (name, address, telephone number...etc.)
5. Return ticket
C. Visiting relatives in Taiwan
1. Proof of relative's residence in Taiwan (Household Registration, Alien Residence Certificate or Permanent Residence Certificate)
2. Proof documents for relationship (Birth Certificate, KK or Household Registration, and relevant identified documents)
3. Other additional documents may be required during processing (airline ticket or proof of a travel agency)
D. Attending conference or exhibition
1. Invitation Letter or proof of exhibition & applicant's ID
2. Company's employed & job assigned letter
3. Travel itinerary
E. Medical treatment purpose
1. Evidence of documents (Hospital diagnosis、proposal of treatment from Taiwan Medical institutions、letter for visa application)
2. Evidence of funds (Bank statement or payment plan consented by Taiwan Medical institutions)
3. Travel Itinerary and return ticket
F. Attending Mandarin courses purpose
1. Original School Admission letter
2. Evidence of funds (bank statement, certified deposits)
3. High school or University diploma
G. Entertainment purpose:
1. Approval Letter issued by Council of Labor Affairs, Executive Yuan, Taiwan (Organizers/Sponsors or employers must apply for the work permit from Council of Labor Affairs)
2. Other additional documents may be required during processing (Airline electronic ticket or proof of a travel agency)
H. Employment purpose:
1. Supporting documents or official letters of approval from a competent authority of the ROC
2. School diploma or professional certificates (if applicable)
1. Information: Bureau of Consular Affairs. For detailed information on Taiwan visa, please visit the Bureau’s website at: www.boca.gov.tw
2. TETO Telephone inquiry: 21-515-1111 ext. 820
3. National Immigration agency website: https://nas.immigration.gov.tw/nase/