2017 Huayu Enrichment Scholarship
- To encourage international students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students are not eligible) to study Huayu courses in the Republic of China (Taiwan);
- To provide them with opportunities to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society, and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES) may last 3, 6, 9, or 12 months respectively. The duration of the scholarship is from September 1st to August 31st of the following year. If recipients fail to come to Taiwan for enrollment during the above time, they will forfeit their right to retain their scholarships.
Summer term HES last 2 months, either June-July 2017 or July-August 2017.
Scholarship funding will become effective on the date of the recipient’s enrollment. Scholarship funding will end on the month of the expiration of the scholarship or if the scholarship is revoked.
Amount of Scholarships: A monthly stipend of TWD 25,000 (CAD1=TWD 24, subject to change)
Scholarship Period: Beginning on September 1, 2017
Application Period: February 1st ~ March 31st, 2017
International applicants above the age of 18, who are Canadian Citizens and reside in Western Canada with high school diploma or above, excellent academic performance and good moral character.
Candidates with one of the following qualifications may NOT apply:
- Overseas Chinese student or a national of the R.O.C.
- Is currently a registered student at a Mandarin Language Center or has sought a degree from any universities or colleges in Taiwan.
- Has already received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship, in the past.
- Is an exchange student to Taiwan during the scholarship period.
- Is currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or another educational institution.
- Required documents should be mailed to the office before the Deadline March 31st, 2017 using the contact information as shown below.
- One copy of the completed application form.
- One copy of the terms of agreement form.
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport or any other official documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant.
- Official sealed original copy of the applicant’s highest credential transcript.
- Photocopy of the certificate of the applicant’s highest credential.
- Photocopy of the application form to one of the University-affiliated Mandarin Training Centers in Taiwan of applicant’s choice.
- Two letters of reference of applicant’s choice.
Upon evaluating each applicant’s required documents, motivation, and overall performance, the Education Division of TECO in Vancouver will select successful candidates and alternate candidates. Alternate candidates will be placed on a waiting list. Successful candidates are to be notified by May 31st, 2017, and successful summer program candidates are to be notified by April 30th, 2017.
ATTN: Karen Hou
Education Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Vancouver
Suite 2200, P.O. BOX 11522
650 West Georgia Street,
Vancouver, BC, V6B 4N7
Tel: (604) 689-4111 ext. 242
Fax: (604) 689-8086
Related information :
- Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL), the Mandarin proficiency assessment: http://www.sc-top.org.tw/english/eng_index.php
- Foreign Student Regulations: http://english.moe.gov.tw/content.asp?CuItem=7996
- Study in Taiwan: http://www.studyintaiwan.org/index.html
- Useful links: http://www.studyintaiwan.org/links.html
- Info Taiwan: http://www.taiwan.gov.tw/