The Information Division is responsible for providing information about the Republic of China on Taiwan, as well as cultivating an environment for the development and promotion of the Taiwan / Chinese arts and culture within New Zealand. It was established in November 2001 as an independent unit of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, dedicated to encouraging information and cultural exchange and greater understanding between Taiwan and New Zealand.
Information Division works to:
- Disseminate information such as press releases and official statements from institutions and government departments to help New Zealanders gain a better understanding of Taiwan and its people and unique culture. For further detail you could access the Government Information Office in Taiwan www.gio.gov.tw .
- Present the heritage of Taiwan and Chinese culture to the people of New Zealand through cultural performances, activities and art exhibitions.
- Facilitate access to most up-to-date information on Taiwan through the provision of periodicals, publications and a range of audio-visual materials in both Mandarin Chinese and English. Click on the product and service catalogue for more detail.
- Maintain and foster friendly relations with the New Zealand media by invitations to local correspondents, editors and news organizations to Taiwan. For a correspondent who first visits Taiwan, Information Division will help organize a programme involving visits to government departments and media organizations upon request.
- Arrange multiple media coverage and improve both the quantity and quality of coverage of Taiwan in the New Zealand media.
- Collect public opinions expressed by New Zealand television, radio and newspapers regarding a wide range of current issues.
- Bring New Zealand talents, arts groups and events to Taiwan.
Please also find below a range of products and services that we offer!
Chinese traditional and folk costumes for rent:
We have received numerous enquiries about the availability of Chinese costumes for rent. To meet this special need, we have selected from historical records more than 20 sets of costumes. These costumes encompass dynasties from around 1000 BC to the early 19th century. Other costumes that are available for rent include the lion dance costume, vibrant costumes worn by the aborigines in Taiwan, and costumes worn by Chinese folk dancers.
Our special lion dance costume consists of a doll head, separate garments and a few instruments such as a large drum, cymbals and gongs that are necessary to make the music that comes along with lion dancing.
Click on the Costume Image for a full view of all the costumes!
To rent the costumes please note that Information Division must receive the reservation one month in advance. Please direct your costume service enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Lanterns and flags for rent:
We also have a number of Chinese lanterns as well as Taiwan ROC and New Zealand
flags available for rent. They are suitable for special occasions to add a note
of festivities to the occasion. We welcome enquiries of interest from everyone.
Please direct your enquiry to email@example.com.
- Visa Application
- Document Authentication
- Economic Division
Thank you for visiting our website. For more information, contact:
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in New Zealand
Level 21, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
P. O. Box 10-250, The Terrace, Wellington
Tel: (04) 473-6474 Fax: (04) 472-2430