Faculty Position in Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU)
Established in 1931 as a prominent national university at Tainan city of Taiwan, NCKU has been ranked #22 for Engineering subject (U.S. News-Education) and #51–100 for Engineering-Mechanical subject (QS) in global universities. The Department of Mechanical Engineering at NCKU invites applications for several tenure-track faculty positions (assistant, associate, or full professor). Appointments are to commence on August 1, 2017.Applications are welcome from individuals with research experience in the traditional areasof mechanical engineering:thermo-fluids, solid mechanics, mechanical design, manufacturing technologies and material sciences, and control engineering; but preference will be given to the following areas:green energy engineering,intelligentmachines, photonics/semiconductorsand nanotechnology,advanced manufacturing (e.g. additive manufacturing and micro/nano-manufacturing, etc.),and bio-engineering (e.g. mechanics of bio-systems and medical devices).
Ideas and experience in innovative teaching will be an asset, while a strong research track record commensurate with the rank of appointment is essential. The successful candidates will be required to teach and supervise students at both undergraduate and graduate levels,andestablish a strong, externally-funded research program. The successful candidate must have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a closely-related field. Candidates will have a demonstrated track record of technical, academic (excellence, or promise of excellence, in teaching and scholarly research) and professional achievement appropriate to the level of their appointment. Eligible successful applicants will be assisted in the application ofa bonus award offered bytheMinistry of Science and Technology, Taiwan.
If interested, a complete application should include:
1. A cover letter clearly indicating the rank for which the candidate wishes to be considered;
2. A detailed curriculum vita highlighting career achievements, areas of research, teaching experience, list of publications and awards/honors, as well as research grants and students supervised (the last two items are especially important for the Associate or Full Professor position);
3. Three reference letters (or sent by referee via regular mail or e-mail in PDF format);
4. A copy of doctoral degree certificate, or a letter stating the expected graduation date with the signature of the applicant’s thesis advisor;
5. Transcripts or academic records of both undergraduate and graduate studies (optional for applicants of Associate or Full professor position);
6. A statement of teaching interests with course outlines;
7. A statement of research plans detailing the intended projects to be pursued, envisioned resources, and external funding ideas to allow executing the research plans (maximum 3 pages).
Complete applications must be received byDecember31, 2016 by regular mail at the address listed below.
Prof. J. Y. Jang
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University
Tainan, Taiwan 70101
The aforementioned application materials (except reference letters) also should be sent inPDF format by e-mail to Prof. J. Y. Jang, Chairman of the Search Committee (E-mail: email@example.com) and also c.c. to Miss Ko(E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)